TkMM November 2014 Common Denominator Report has been announced with a press conference organized by Independent Deputy of Van, Kemal Aktaş at the Parliament.
TkMM November 2014 Common Denominator Report has been announced to the public with a press conference organized by Independent Deputy of Van, Kemal Aktaş at the Parliament.
During the kMM meetings regarding the Internal Security Pack announced by the government after the National Security Council meeting which lasted for 10 hours, the dialogue shaped around these titles:
- The relation of the Pack with the reasons and the consequences of it while being prepared
- The reliability of the government regarding the legal regulations they prepare
- The balance between the government and the power, as well as the individual and the society regarding the security the Pack intends to provide
In 20 of the 22 meetings organized in the active provinces with the common agenda “Internal Security Pack and Its Possible Consequences”, 266 non-governmental Organization representatives, 1 parliament member, 31 political party representatives and 2 deputy mayors came together to discuss to agenda.
The Common Denominators of the kMM November meetings are:
- The police must protect both the citizens who protest and the environment they protest in, while stopping them from damaging the environment.
- There must not be any case of damage of property during the demonstrations.
- The legal regulations must not only be targeted towards the consequences of the incidents, but must be targeted towards the reasons of the incidents as well. They must regard the universal standards considering not only stopping the criminal to commit the crime, but avoiding the crime itself.
To read the full text of the November 2014 Common Denominator Report, please click here.